View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #317
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
One international prospect who will not go through the draft process is 26-year-old Cuban righty Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. As the recently-declared free agent awaits government authorization to begin negotiating a deal, he has already been heavilyscouted by interested clubs. MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez notes (via Twitter) that he expects Gonzalez to sign quickly once the government clears him.
Meanwhile, CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler -- who reported that Gonzalez could get as much as $60MM on a five-year pact -- tweets that the Dodgers could be planning to "go all out" to sign the hurler. Peter Gammons, likewise, said on Twitter that there were many teams interested but that "the bets are still on the Dodgers."

I hope LA gets him and doesn't trade for Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee is still pitching at a high level and everything, I just don't think he would be worth the prospects it would take to get him. I also heard that LA was after Garza. I'm not sure why they are in such a rush to get Fife out of the starting rotation.
You know, its funny, because the Dodgers have played poorly this year, but the weak NL West they are only 3.5 games back at the moment.
Now, I find it silly to throw out a huge amount of money for this pitcher. Honestly, the Dodgers if anything should stand pat and roll with what they have. Build up from what they have as a team now and don't go heavy buying. They have an ace, they have a solid #2 in Greinke, they have a guy pitching incredibly well for #3 in Ryu. If anything, dump Ethier and another guy or two for bullpen help.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote