View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #2323
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Been a rough few years for Avs fans. Football will always be king for me but there is little more exciting than NHL playoffs. The decisions by the Avs in the next 48 hours are going to be huge to get us back on that stage. Part of me doesn't want us to move. Take McKinnon who's the best player on the board and be done with it. Partner him up with some of the skill we already have and go from there. Maybe dip into the FA pool to looking for some defensemen and goal-tenders. Anybody care to take a guess as to what type of upside McKinnon has comparing to current NHL all-stars?
he gets compared to Crosby alot but i think he'll be closer to Sakic production wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Then the Avs are probably taking MacKinnon--assuming they're being honest. The top 4 doesn't have a wealth of picks/players to offer, not to mention, they, too, can take a Barkov/Jones/Druin.

I'm a MacKinnon guy. There's a premium on speed and scoring now.

I really think they'd be better off with the F at 1 and D at 32. They'll likely get someone like Hagg/Morin/Morrissey/Theodore/McCoshen/Bowey/Bigras in rd 2.
i badly want Mueller in the 2nd. be happy with Hagg or Theodore too.
Heatherington would be awesome if he fell to round 3 but someone will snap him up in round 2.

the only team likely to move up with the goods to match what we want is Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Some rumor that TB would trade Hedman and No 3 to COL for 1 and EJ.

That would be a huge steal for COL.
not going to happen. Colorado doesn't need to deal EJ and Tampa would be dumb as hell to deal Hedman.

Quote:
Rumor that Letang has been traded to TOR for Gardiner and Kulemin. This had come up earlier in the week...rearing its head again. I would go for that.....but try and squeeze them for a pick as well. It's Toronto..they'll fold.

I am really sure Letang will be traded to someone tomorrow. Anaheim would be a good fit as well for Gibson Etem and a pick.
there is nothing the pens can leverage to get a pick. it's widely known Letang wants Toronto and won't take less than 7.75 mil from the pens or something crazy.

Quote:
Lol.

I still think you will be surprised by the return. It will be at least as much as Staal.
no it won't. everyone knows the Pens have to deal him and this draft is way too deep to deal a 1st for Letang.
no team is going to give up a ton for Letang and still have to pay him Suter and Weber money.
well Philly would but there is no way they can right now.

edit: let me clarify that. no team is going to give up what the pens want initially for Letang. a first, roster player and prospect is not going to happen.
not and have to pay him franchise D money.

Last edited by Lestat; 06-29-2013 at 10:20 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote