View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #2270
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
You better expand your fanbase by picking the best players. If that's MacKinnon, nevermind what Jones' race is. I really hope the Avs take the best player and I really think the best potential impact player is MacKinnon. And the past data supports taking forwards over defensemen. Duncan Keith, one of the best defensemen in the modern NHL was a 2nd round pick. Granted, anyone that resembles Keith in any way will likely go in the first based on Keith's impact as a smart, mobile puckmover.
Keith was also considered small when he was drafted. he needed time in college to develop and grow. **** even now he's 200 lbs and that's considered to be kind small for a top level D man.

if you're big and you can skate as a D man they're more likely to draft you higher unless you just have the total package even though you're smallish.

like a Jordan Subban. if he was 6-0 175 instead of 5-9 165 he'd be a first round pick. talent wise he's that good. but he's too small for a D man.
even Nic Petan as a forward he's 5-9 and about 180, he could sneak into the first but most likely is a 2nd round. if he was bigger he'd be a top 15 pick.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote