Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #115
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Conservatives need to get back to good principles. Believing that people, not government, make America go. There's a lot of Black and Hispanic groups that have very conservative values but the left has done such a good job of painting Republicans as racists that they turn to the only thing left.

Many Black communities hate the welfare state - the way it encourages Husbandless - even "partner-less" welfare mothers who have more children to get bigger checks. Hispanic communities favor family values and hard work. They really aren't looking for a handout. My gay friend is fiscally very conservative and only votes Democrat because of he and his partner's personal issues.

If Republicans would get onto the fiscal responsibility angle, worked on keeping government off our phone calls and fighting for family values - that's families with parents, preferably two or more, raising children in good homes - they could get a lot of votes and retake power.

I think a majority of Americans don't want a large police state that tries to do everything.
Well there's things the republicans have going for them and some things they don't. Let's just skip over the minority thing, they need to understand they're losing the vote on several issues. Their hard stance or abortion doesn't sit well with the ladies. Many republicans don't even care if it was rape or not. And the fact that they want to deregulate everything, leads to things like we saw on wallstreet several years ago. Their's just so much risk involved with that. And their stance on letting the wealthiest corporations and richest Americans slide through tax loop holes while they ensure a poor person has no loopholes or ways to hide from tax. I've never understood why it is that people think the rich create jobs. Most job in America are small business, the blue collar person who hires a few people. But do they get to hide money in offshore accounts, do they get to pay much less tax then a janitor?

There's a reason why the republicans have been losing of late. They've allowed the tea party to move them even further to the right. I mean, all of the republican presidential candidates have to pledge to something that isn't even law, just to be in the race. The party is being held hostage to a few really F'd up dudes. IMO, they won't win another race unless some serious changes are made. I still don't think they've learned those lessons yet. Some have, but some haven't and it might take another 8 years of not having the white house before they start to make these changes.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote