Thread: DOMA IS DEAD!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #95
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,645
Default

Rights in this country are not based on a democracy anyways, I dont understand why people think this
Jefferson said a democracy is mob rule where 51% of the population takes away the rights of the other 49%

Civil rights issues should never be put up to a vote
I don't hear people complain about interracial marriages even though it took supreme court intervention in the Loving vs Virgina case to deem interracial marriage bans unconstitutional
That was also a reversal of what the majority of people had voted

Its not like this in any way affects straight couples though
Good day for equality
Bad day for people who still think this its 1964
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote