View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #47
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
That was the point. I didn't mean Dilfer is better than Flacco and shouldn't have put that statement after saying Flacco put up good numbers. Both benefited from the defense. The players voting in this must have only looked at the playoffs and not the regular season too.

During the regular season, when the defense had multiple injuries, the fans were calling for Flacco's head, again. Fitzpatrick had a better completion percentage than Flacco, so did Carson Palmer. Flacco got his defense back and got the job done. Bravo. I can't wait for this year and see how the fans appreciate that contract.
I still don't think there's much of a similarity between the 2 other than they both won a SB w/ the Ravens. Flacco had a superb postseason and his statistics reflect that--I don't see how an 11:0 TD:INT ratio has anything to do with having a decent defence. His defence didn't carry him through the playoffs. Dilfer had a Tebowesque passing line through his postseason run and he had perhaps the best defence in league history lead the way to a title.