View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Struggled with anxiety my entire adult life. Not going to pretend to have all of the solutions, but here's my two cents on what has worked for me over the past couple of years.

1.) Cutting/eliminating alcohol consumption is really important. I spent most of my 20's binge drinking and at times being a borderline functioning alcoholic. It wasn't until my 30's that I realized alcohol was sort of a crutch to feel comfortable in social situations and as a way to suppress anxiety about bills/relationships etc.

2.) Exercise strenuously a minimum of 4 days a week. No exceptions.

3.) Make sure to balance your life with task completion activities. Hobbies/activities that have a finite beginning and completion.

4.) Maintain a regular sleep schedule as much as possible. When the thoughts are racing in your head, get up and do stuff (even if it means being tired the next day.) When the next day comes, don't take a nap, and return to normal bedtime.

5.) Eat as cleanly as possible. Avoid refined sugar, high fructose corn-syrup, and processed foods in general. Eat as raw as you can (lean cuts of meat, fruits/veggies etc.)

6.) Keep a daily journal. Do not self-censor your thoughts in your journal.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote