View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Has anyone tried this? For those that don't know, it's the ability to become lucid while you're dreaming (duh), thus being able to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. This can be very difficult for some people but once you get the hang of it you can do it pretty much at will.

There are a number of different techniques to achieve lucidity, some of them require to fall asleep while actually being conscious (I've never been able to do this) and in others you'll need to recognize your "dream signs" or do "reality checks" to see if you are dreaming or not. Lucid dreams are usually very vivid so it really feels like real life. (except for all the non-sense that comes with dreaming)

I'm no expert but I've had a number of lucid dreams after practicing for a week and it was fun as hell. The first few times I actually got too excited after becoming lucid and woke up, but after that I had some dreams were some crazy things happened and I said to myself: "Ok, this is BS, I must be dreaming" and voila, suddenly it became really vivid, almost like real life and I could do whatever I wanted... didn't last long though, I woke up trying to take off and fly.

Maybe some of you have experienced what is called Sleep Paralysis, where you suddenly wake up and can't move your body. This can actually be pretty scary as some people see crazy things and hear screams and what not in this stage. Not being able to move is pretty scary in itself. This is a normal thing though, and we ALL go through this Sleep Paralysis stage when we're sleeping, as our mind shuts down our body to prevent us from falling out of our bed or start running while dreaming. SP is used to become lucid in a technique called WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming), where the person will consciously enter the SP stage and enter a dream from there.

Ok I know this may sound really crazy if you never heard of lucid dreaming before but it's not. If you're interested in this subject, check out www.dreamviews.com. There's a very cool forum there and a lot of FAQs with different techniques to induce lucid dreaming.

I'd like to hear from you guys, I'm sure someone must've had a lucid dream at some point in life.