View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #2036
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I didn't say we would. I think we will get a first a prospect and a decent player. Thats my expectation. If its just a pick and a player and no prospect thrn i expect the player to be good. Top 5 defenseman...no...but decent two way guy.
It really depends when he is moved. I think he could fetch quite a haul if he is moved when the finals are over. (I am using Edmonton as reference here because they have a ton of resources in the form of players and prospects, the cap space to sign him and need of a top D-man). I could see them sending Gagner and a 1st plus a prospect this offseason.

If you wait until the trade deadline you get in the situation that only a few teams will be looking to add top players - and usually those deals do not fetch the kind of quality loot you could hope for.

Look at the Gaborik deal or the Bouwmeester deal. A conditional 1st rounder and some decent but not great prospects for Bouwmeester and a good but not great player and some prospects for Gaborik. Obviously after the trade deadline his value would drop tremendously as he would not be able to be moved until the playoffs are over and then only to a team who could try to resign him, that would yield no more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote