Del Rio up:
Joking about Ben Garland being over on the offensive side.
- Good foundation and guys learning the language and principals.
- Likes pushing the guys and making them uncomfortable this time of year. Keep them pushing this time of year.
- There are some things they need to learn from prior season. Will make adjustments as necessary. Look at them this time of year and get them on table.
- Safeties - Both guys returning who started for us, practice squad player in the mix. Practicing real football even without hits. Teaching guys to attack the ball and make tackles.
- Philosophy is to coach hard, let them compete and let things sort themselves out. Compete repeated several times. Grown men trying to feed families will really compete going into training camp.
- Someone at safety? will be acting as QB of the Defense. Couldn't hear name. Whoever it is is making progress.
- Corner is the most isolated position and safety is that at times. Safety has more they have to be responsible for with calls and checks and such.
- David Bruton is a cerebral guy, makes communication well in backfield. Great size and speed, playing good football now. Great special teams player. Has moved into consideration for time with first group.
- Looking for a healthy Nate Irving (I think thats the name he said).
- Quentin playing catch up a bit. DRC and Shaun Phillips have been around a bit longer and getting grasp of whats going on. Look for contribution in the fall. Shaun has learned different positions, including outside LB and DE. Smart guy, done a good job.
And thats it.