View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #61
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Eh, I gotta say, that's sounds an awful lot like the defense given by GW supporters over the years, i.e. "we haven't been attacked since 9/11, therefore the measures worked and have been worth it." All that was needed to prevent 9/11 were locks on the cockpit doors. That's it.
This.

I must say I'm quite surprised at the reactions by people like Tony and elsid. I highly doubt they had the same views on this as they had in the early 2000's, which lends credence to the double standard claim the conservatives are making. We have enough double standards from the right when they bellyache about this stuff as if Obama and the democrats were somehow the masterminds...we don't need it from you, too.

I think the more important question here is what does everyone planning on doing about it? I see a whole helluva lot of whining, outrage and feigned shock and surprise, but I don't see anyone proposing any solutions, and certainly nothing of what people are planning on doing on a personal level to address it.

You can complain all you want, but unless and until you're ready to get out on the front lines and DO something, you're still a sheep, whether your name is Beavis or Tony.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote