Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If you're into Lincoln era Springfield and have time to burn you could drive to New Salem. From what I remember its kind of a replica of where Abe lived in his younger days.

Or if you like architecture there's a cool Frank Lloyd Wright house/museum downtown. Don't remember the name. Or way on the other end of MO, if you end up anywhere near KC skip the Cinderblock Camaro Museum and go to Liberty memorial and the WWI museum underneath it. Easily the best thing to see in KC for a history guy. And probably for anyone in general (without a lean-to CamaroPort attached to their single-wide. )
I have been to the town on a Jr High class trip, I think we are going to take a pass on that this time as we have a couple other living farms/settlements in our area that we go to regularly.

I will have to look up the Frank Lloyd Wright house thing, there is one in Geneva IL I like to take the kids to in the summer, it has a kick ass Japanese garden and it is attached to a forest preserve on the Fox River that is fun to walk around.

I don't think we will make it as far west as kFc but that WWI museum sounds cool, we have a great one a couple miles from us if your ever up in this area, it is called Cantigny, we go there at least once a year if not more for car shows or concerts in the park. Cantigny has these great Tanks on the grounds and their First Division Museum is as good as anything in Downtown Chicago.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote