View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #20
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
How is using the legally provided framework to game the system to stay on good stamps any different than using the legally provided framework to game the system to influence lawmakers to create an environment where they can make more more more?

It's not. Baja asked if the people would just roll over. Dr. Brownstain brought up the fact that a certain percentage of people through their desire for money, who will continue to allow the government to behave as is. I am simply agreeing with him, but from the other side.

Just as a certain percentage of people are okay with living off the government, a certain percentage of people are okay with big business being bed partners with government. The Citizens United decision makes it all that much worse.
It's two options: Only care about Government when the check stops being mailed, or care alot of Government so much that you write multimillion dollar checks to get the influence you desire.... I don't know if I find welfare or the money in election more appaling...