View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #1924
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
So, you're basing your entire argument on points and then show that the B's have 58 in 16 games while their Chicago counterparts have 51 in 17.

Aside from the fact that you are completely ignoring 75% of the other forwards for each team (in an argument that began as one focusing solely on "depth"), you are also completely ignoring the defensive roles and capabilities of each. Considering the Claude Julien system preaches defensive responsibility first and foremost, to say your argument is flawed is being kind.

Call me when your forwards are instrumental in completely shut down Crosby, Malkin and Letang for four games in a row.
The entire premise is that I ascertained that Sharp, Kane, Toews and Hossa are better player for player than Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand - those were the 8 players I named by name and in comparing those players any other player is utterly irrelevant.

51 to 58 points is well within normal variation and the difference is easily explained by the fact that Boston got 4 games against Pittsburgh while Chicago played Los Angeles (one of those teams is one of the best defensive teams in the league, the other isn't to put it kindly) - I even highlighted that fact.

As for defensive capability, Bergeron is a 1 time Selke winner and 2nd time nominee, Toews has yet to win it but is also a 2nd time nominee and favourite to win the Selke this year - so that puts them very even - wouldn't you say?

Interestingly that you should bring up Julien's system, because it is very similar defensively to Quenneville's, in fact Quenneville's team lead the league in goals against this year in large part because of his defensive coaching - unless you believe Crawford happens to be the best goaltender in the league, but I doubt that.

Lets give credit where credit is due, Chara, Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychuk and Rask did the vast majority of the shutting down of Crosby and Malkin.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote