View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #1900
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
The same can be said for last time. They lost more key players then they will this time. Ladd, Byfuglien, Niemi, Brouwer, and Versteeg.

I'm not too worried about their "pathetic" prospect group. They've done pretty well drafting the past few years (ie Saad, Shaw). I'd be more worried about your Wings looking in from the outside than I am the 'Hawks.
Saad is a decent prospect and should end up in the top 6, but Shaw is a career 3rd liner - his offensive impact is simply too low for anything else.

This time they are losing 2 top 6 forwards (Bickell and Handzus) or alternatively buying out another top 6 forward in Hossa to keep one of the other 2. Last time Versteeg was the only top 6 forward they lost - all the rest were 3rd liners and support players at the time, some of whom improved after they left the Hawks. The loss of Rozival is minor, he is easily replaced and was a 6th/7th d-man, but as it stands right now they can't afford to resign Leddy either so that means they are losing 33% of their d-rotation which is a problem since they won't have the money to replace them so that means they are going to be looking to Brookbank and Montador to pick up the pace.

95% of the league would be happy with 2 finals in 4 years? Boston has 2 in 3, Pittsburgh and Detroit had 2 in 2, LA had finals and WCF in back to back years and none of those teams are going to be losing the type of talent Chicago will be. Hell, Detroit went to overtime in game 7 in WSF in a season when they lead the league in games lost to injury and the first season after losing probably the best player of his generation in Lidstrom, along with Brad Stuart and Jiri Hudler - they will be just fine.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote