View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #67
schaaf

Here's my crack at the 53:

QB: Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Zac Dysert

HB: Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno, Jacob Hester

TE: Joel Dreessen, Jacob Tamme, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Tavarres King, Greg Orton, Trindon Holliday

LT: Ryan Clady, Chris Clark

LG: Zane Beadles, Chris Kuper

C: JD Walton, Manny Ramirez(G/C)

RG: Louis Vasquez

RT: Orlando Franklin

Defense

RE: Robert Ayers, Quanterus Smith

DT: Terrence Knighton, Sylvester Williams, Kevin Vickerson, Mitch Unrein

LE: Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson

WLB: Wesley Woodyard, Danny Trevathan

MLB: Nate Irving, Steve Johnson, Stewart Bradley

SLB: Von Miller, Shaun Phillips

CB: Champ Bailey, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Chris Harris, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster

FS: Rahim Moore, Mike Adams

SS: Quinton Carter, David Bruton, Quentin Jammer

K: Matt Prater

P: Britton Colquitt

LS: Aaron Brewer

Thoughts: My final 2 cuts were Jeremy Beal and Vinston Painter. I assume they would try to sneak Painter onto the practice squad but I don't know if they'll be able to. Beal was a tough one, Quanterus Smith is a near lock being a 5th round pick and Elway's tendencies to stick with his draft choices from that year. With Shaun Phillips also being able to play that position led me to believe he is expendable.

There will be some very good DB's cut this year, we just don't have room to keep them all. They have to stick with Kayvon Webster making the team, I don't know how you could cut any one of DRC, Harris, or Tony Carter. Tony Carter proved his worth last year as a Nickel and Dime cornerback. Omar Bolden will be a tough decision for them to make. He had value on special teams last year but appeared to be a step behind whenever given the chance on defense. Regardless of their decision I believe this is one group that will keep them up at night.

I envision them sticking with Knowshon because of his versatility and how well he performed down the stretch last season. I also see them keeping Hester. I was underwhelmed by his running last year but all the photos I have seen from OTA's has shown me that they have a lot of runs in the playbook where they have a Fullback on the field. He can play Full back and also is a safety net at half back. I believe they will hold on to his versatility.

The positions I am most looking forward to come camp are CB, RB, S, and MLB. I think Irving will finally grasp hold of the linebacker position and will only improve throughout the season.

Looking at this 53 man roster it has become very clear to me where Elway has done his best work. This roster is deep. There will be players getting cut at the end of camp who could very well start on several teams in this league including Caldwell, Mays, and McGahee. And several others who could easily be starting within a couple years.

It is going to be very interesting come training camp.