Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Damn! They still haven't found the blend of medications that works best for you? That's a shame.
A blend of HGH, prevacid, and THC. What are they using on you geriatics nowadays anyway?

Quote:
The truth is that finding an unbiased, legitimate site regarding hemp is about as easy as finding an unbiased study of Roswell. That was about as close as I could come.

BTW, Hurst [sic] has been dead for over sixty years. I doubt he is still much interested in keeping hemp down.
No see, the problem is you posted this as FACT

Quote:
I guess it won't replace paper either. Or plastics. The cost of processing it is too high:

The cost of hemp pulp is approximately six times that of wood pulp,[40] mostly because of the small size and outdated equipment of the few hemp processing plants in the Western world, and because hemp is harvested once a year (during August)[citation needed] and needs to be stored to feed the mill the whole year through. This storage requires a lot of (mostly manual) handling of the bulky stalk bundles. Another issue is that the entire hemp plant cannot be economically prepared for paper production. While the wood products industry uses nearly 100% of the fiber from harvested trees, only about 25% of the dried hemp stem the bark, called bast contains the long, strong fibers desirable for paper production.[42] All this accounts for a high raw material cost. Hemp pulp is bleached with hydrogen peroxide, a process today also commonly used for wood pulp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

That's a shame. It might be part of a solution. They are using it as an ingredient in car body parts, replacing some plastics.

We could use it to reduce the amount of cotton we grow. It seems as though its use as a textile is about the most cost effective.
So instead of posting like you know what your talking about, just say, Hey, I pulled this bull**** from a blog, maybe right, maybe wrong.
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote