Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #91
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I didn't say anyone was blaming Julius Thomas for the articles.
So why even point out "it's not his fault?"

Quote:
You said these kind of fluff hype articles fuel unreasonable expectations which evidently means your expectations of Julius become unreasonable when you read an article stating he's playing well, because my expectations of him haven't been influenced by it.
No quite the opposite. We've read stuff like this before. Some player is a camp standout and then does nothing when the real bullets are flying. That's why everyone is ripping on this stuff. It means nothing. For whatever reason, a lot of things have been written about Thomas in the preseason and collectively everyone rolled their eyes. Then you latched onto someone's obviously hyperbolic comment as some kind of challenge to your personal freedoms. "100 articles EXACTLY!?!?! SHOW ME ALL 100 or shame on your family for a 1000 years!"

The point that everyone got, but was clearly over your head was that there are many articles written about players who do well in the preseason - and most don't amount to much if anything once the regular season roles around. And several have been written about Thomas already and he has to this date not done much. So the skepticism is deserved.

For your assistance in understanding the subtle nuances of sarcasm and English- not just in this thread, but in life in general - the words "several" and "many" can, through hyperbole, be synonymous with the following:
hundreds
thousands
millions
billions
loads and loads
endless
tons
a boat load
unending

Again, these are figurative expressions that only truly mean more than a few. I would say four plus qualifies. Certainly seven does.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited by Kaylore; 06-05-2013 at 01:14 PM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote