View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The complaints on Thomas on these forums are valid. Nobody denied that he would have a learning curve. People are just sick and tired of hearing about a dude who has never done anything in his career to merit such attention. Plenty of players impress in camp, that means nothing about future longevity and the ability to handle the NFL.

He was picked on upside alone. Nothing he ever did in college merited such a selection. Physical tools and tests were impressive. I was a huge Virgil Green fan and glad we got him in the seventh. Not many late round players have contributed from that draft, but looking back Denarius Moore, Jacquizz Rodgers and maybe a few others were the only ones worth a hoot thereafter.

I hope he can turn the corner and be a weapon for us this year, but I am not going to get my hopes up.
I don't get this revisionist history that suggests constant attention! He got attention his rookie year, and deservedly so, because he was a 4th round developmental project who proved in camp that he was ahead of the learning curve. Then he got hurt and we really never heard from him again until now because he was injured.

People act like he's this 5 year vet that's a yearly tease.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote