View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #53
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I just recounted. I do have only 10 DBs. I put Jammer in parantheses where I listed him as a backup.

So I think the big roster battles are:
--G Robinson, Orton and Caldwell for one roster spot: Caldwell, but Robinson could be our new T.C. Superstar.

--Jacob Hester, Lance Ball, Moreno, and McGahee: One of these guys is out, and it may have more to do with the cap than with talent on the field. Moreno may go because he just can't stay healthy.

--Painter, Blake, Ramierz, Kuper, and Clark for three roster spots: Painter probably goes to the PS. If Kupes goes to the PUP, the other threee remain. I think Ramirez is the odd man out if Kupe is on the active roster.

--Beal and M Jackson for one spot: My gut tells me Beal is in. If Q Smith goes to the PUP, they are both around for 6 weeks.

--I think we carry 7 LBs, mainly for Special Teams impact

--Adams, Bolden, T Carter, and Q Carter for three spots: I think Adams is out here, but the T.C. Battles will be interesting.
Our fifth WR probably has to be able to play special teams.

I think we keep one of the veteran RBs McGahee/Moreno and one special team RB Ball/Hester. I believe it will be McGahee and Lance Ball.

Man Ram makes the roster as a back-up guard and center. Kuper is also making the team, we aren't cap strapped where we should sacrifice a player of his caliber when healthy. Painter won't make it to PS and Clark has some versatility. I think we carry those 4 to make 9 on the OL. Blake is the odd man out.

I could deffinatley see 7 LBs being carried. I had 6 on mine, the big variable is what does Johnson show in OTAs, TC, and pre season.

I think Adams is safe, it's becoming popular to cut him, but I think he was very solid last year. Bolden is not getting cut already. One of the Carter's could be the odd man out, I see it being Tony Carter.

I think both Beal and Jackson make it. I think Malik is Wolfe's direct back-up and I listed him as a DT because I think we carry 3 DTs, Knighton, Vickerson, Williams in a 3 man rotation like last season. Wolfe and Jackson can and do slide inside already. Beal will make the roster and play as a situational rusher.