View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #91
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
He was the perfect hire to bring stability and build the franchise.But, will he need to be replaced to get Denver over the top?
Agree wholeheartedly with this. In a semi-related note, I think Jeff Fisher was hired to do the same thing at the Rams. He needs more talent, and maybe a QB, but the Rams made great strides in 1 year under Fisher.

Quote:
I still think we won't win a Superbowl with Manning but I think Fox is building a team that will allow us to insert a QB similar to Pitt with Ben or even Phillip in Diego where we will be successful for a while.
The first part of your sentence remains to be seen. I believe we can and will, but we'll see. However, if i am reading the 2nd part of your sentence right, I think you are right on. Fox and Elway are building a complete team that is not necessarily dependent on one guy.

Quote:
Fox is good in all ways Shanahan wasn't and vice versa.
There's some truth to that. Fox is a people person and doesn't let his ego get in the way, but is conservative to the point of stubbornness. Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind & aggressive, but let his ego get the best of him at times(Maurice Clarett, refusal to relinquish GM duties, relationship w/ Elway etc.).
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote