View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
All this does is reinforce the point that drafting the player isn't as impactful as developing the player. Singletary was building a pretty good team yet had no clue how to develop them into NFL players. Him and McD shared the same characteristics. Arrogant idiots who just yelled like a baby on the sidelines of games and in practice. Yelling at the player instead of teaching him. No coincidence both are no longer HCs.
I don't agree with your take at all. Other than the practice squad, I don't think the NFL is remotely interested in developing their own talent. There isn't enough time on most coach's or GM's contract for them to give a ****. IMO, the player either has "it" or they don't.

and you totally missed the point about the Vernon Davis incedent with Singletary.

“I’m very thankful for the opportunity to cross paths with him. It was a very beautiful thing that he did for me, he saved my career,” said Davis. “He helped make me into the player that I am today. If we never met, I would never have the courage or any of those other things that make up a leader. I’m very thankful and honored that we crossed paths.”

http://www.vernondavis.com/2013/thro...ke-singletary/
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote