Old 05-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
"I don't know, something that would get a first down." Jebus. Maybe he should have been thinking ahead, actually be engaged with what was going on, talk to McCoy and tell him to win it on that possession.

The various articles discussing this have pointed out that the playoff loss was not the first time last year the Bronco O went into safe mode to close out a game, it had happened several times down the stretch, including a couple times defending an onside kick to close out the game after having a 10-14 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Fox is on the last year of his contract, not getting extended methinks. He's been a good bridge from McD, but now Elway has to make his next big decision - who will be the next HC.
Here's the way I see it and this is as far as I'll go in questioning Fox on that offensive series. Why not call a time out and talk to McCoy and Manning and get a solid plan on how to pick up a first down? Fox is the HC, it's ultimately his responsibility to ensure the Broncos win the game. We are talking about getting 1 first down for the win. Call a TO and get a plan going instead 3 yards and a cloud of dust and then punt.

Oh and Fox ain't going anywhere.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote