View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't lie though when the coach search came if you made a list without hearing who Chargers were interested in would have Mike McCoy been on it?
Nope, but then again, we're all arm-chair GMs and not the real McCoy (hah!). For the most part, fans pretty much hope for the big retread names like Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, etc. because they don't have the inside information and ability to study these guys like the pros do.

I wanted David Shaw, FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He can coach Rivers up a bit if he is willing to work hard. Rivers mechanics, footwork, and overall approach to the game seem to have waned IMO. I'm sure some of it is disgust with how bad his weapons are but i still don't see them being all that good. There is some potential there but only gates a proven stud and he may not be anymore.
I actually like the WR group now. Floyd, Alexander, Brown, Allen, Royal, Meachem. What's great about that group is that they have diverse skills. Gates certainly isn't the receiver he was prior to his foot injuries but he's still money at getting open as a possession receiver. And I think McCoy and Wisenhunt can use these guys much better than Norv did.

The big question mark remains the offensive line and the running game. If the o-line comes together and Mathews can finally break out (they're changing the blocking scheme to more of a one cut system which should help him) I think the offense will be in good shape. It's going to be very tough though since they're basically going with four new starters on the o-line.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote