Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #5330
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's also some who wanted to keep both. Or even neither. Those options weren't viable (well I guess neither was), but it could prevent votes.

Not totally on topic, but I am SO grateful the Teboners are gone with all their stupid conspiracy theories and relentless finger pointing at literally every person on the Broncos organization and beyond for every single problem Tebow had.
The whole conspiracy angle and trashing John Elway would have perhaps made some sense if tearing down one of the best QBs to ever play in the league (and this isn't even debatable; it's fact) had magically resulted in some of Elway's mechanics/ability to read a defense/aptitude at consistently putting the football where it needs to be... being transferred to Tebow. But you can't improve one QB by knocking down another... and the ludicrous efforts at history-revision (trying to minimize or lowball what Elway did on the field for this franchise) was asinine.

I don't believe for an instant that it was personal with Elway (trading Tebow)... his job is to make the Broncos better and there's really no arguing that he did do that with the Manning acquisition.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote