Old 05-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #113
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I must have been completely unlucky. I have friends who are still operating with their original units that they got in 2005 (Christmas Time) when they came out. Perhaps I logged too many hours of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on there, but I really have no idea why I had a string of bad luck with them.

The saving grace was the warranty from Best Buy. The second one I got (after they had gone down in price) allowed me to get a $50 gift card and a new one that came with a game. After that second one died, I got one and it came with two games (Need for Speed and that Marvel Comics game) so I thought it was a pretty good deal.

After that, I sold it to a friend for like $125 bucks and a 30 pack of Bud Light.
It's on quite a bit. We have Hulu plus, Netflix, you tube, and of course the games. My daughter watches Pocoyo and Word World on it. My wife watches Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl and Pretty little Liars. I watch Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Grimm. I've been playing through the Bioshock series from the beginning, and I was logging tons of hours online for awhile there.

The only thing I can think is I load all my games to the hard drive and don't play off the disc so it doesn't move. I also keep it on it's side. Sorry that happened.

FWIW my original Xbox broke twice on me in the first six months of owning it, but I had the extended warranty. /shrugs
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote