Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #61
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
PS+ is nothing like XBL Gold. XBL Gold is an arbitrary pay wall blocking you from basic services (like Netflix and playing p2p games online). PS+ is effectively a discount club and game equivalent to Netflix in one. There are no services locked away from a non-PS+ subscriber while nearly everything of worth on XBL is behind the Gold pay wall.
There are plenty of rumors that Sony will be moving to a fee-to-play model like Xbox live gold with PS+ on the new system. There has been no confirmation or denial of this.

It also isn't clear whether they will have a similar used games model to MS (considering that it is all being pushed for by publishers as much as the console manufacturers which affects them both equally). If Sony isn't doing this and MS is, it would be interesting to see how that impacts third-party exclusives and support.

I won't get into the hardware issues since I really don't fully understand all of the numbers, but from what I read the (theoretical max) 107 Gb/s from the EDRAM would be added on to the 60 or so Gb/s inherent in the DDR3, making it essentially a wash from a numbers standpoint. Sony does have a clear advantage in the GPU department.

Last edited by misturanderson; 05-22-2013 at 04:46 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote