View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Can't have a $80M cap hit for just the Offense in 2014 (which is what it would be if they keep Kuper).
2. Opportunity cost is cap flexibility in 2014. Peyton's restructure + cutting Mays/Kuper/(McGahee or Moreno) gives the Broncos flexibility to re-sign ALL internal FA's in 2014 without backloading contracts, and sign another impact FA if wanted. Without that, they would be lucky to re-sign everybody...let alone add anyone else.

My wife had ankle joint damage a couple years ago (reportedly what Kuper had), and won't ever be able to run again without swelling. Every time we go on a hike swelling/limping is an issue afterward. Can't imagine the impact playing football. Looks a lot like what was happening to him during the Ravens game (a full year after the original injury). I'm not a doctor, but any Orthopedic surgeon will tell you ankle joint damage is a chronic issue, because the cartilage is compromised. Pretty sure that's why the first thing they did this offseason was to sign Vasquez.

We had the best surgeon I could find, and had the plate removed 6 months after the injury. Did everything we could. Hope Kuper's (and Walton's) situation is different. I think Walton's injury was a little higher on the leg, maybe it didn't affect the ankle joint like it did with Kuper.
Did you really suggest Kuper retire because of an injury your wife had?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote