View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Can't have a $80M cap hit for just the Offense in 2014 (which is what it would be if they keep Kuper).
2. Opportunity cost is cap flexibility in 2014. Peyton's restructure + cutting Mays/Kuper/(McGahee or Moreno) gives the Broncos flexibility to re-sign ALL internal FA's in 2014 without backloading contracts, and sign another impact FA if wanted. Without that, they would be lucky to re-sign everybody...let alone add anyone else.

2. Why the **** do you think he should retire...?

My wife had ankle joint damage a couple years ago (reportedly what Kuper had), and won't ever be able to run again without swelling. Looks a lot like what was happening to him during the Ravens game (a full year after the original injury). I'm not a doctor, but any Orthopedic surgeon will tell you ankle joint damage is a chronic issue. Pretty sure that's why the first thing they did this offseason was to sign Vasquez.
So you want to cut him now and lose depth instead of next offseason if proven superfluous? Sounds like a poor decision to me, but at least you have some reasoning behind it.

The ankle injury reasoning is pretty silly. These guys have better doctors than what your wife was afforded and it's quite literally their occupation to rehab, so they're fully devoted to it and physical therapy, that's why recovery times are so much better. There's a laundry list of NFL players that haven't skipped a beat after even serious ankle injuries.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote