View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #98
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Von Miller has played only two seasons for the Broncos, but he already has carved out a tidy slice of the team's record book.
The outside linebacker has the franchise record for sacks in a season (18) and most sacks in his first two seasons (30), and he tied a team record for most forced fumbles in a season (six).
Still, Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio said there is more to come — which is bad news for opposing offenses.
"He can get better," Del Rio said. "Yeah, he can get more consistent. Certainly he had a tremendous number of impact plays — tackles for loss, sacks, quarterback hits. He even had the interception for a touchdown, things like that. You want to maintain those impact plays, but we want to find a way to be more consistent, make less errors.
"I think he wants to do that. There are no shortcuts to the type of success he's had and should continue to have."
Miller said Tuesday, as the Broncos continued their first set of organized team activities, he agrees and that "I'm my own biggest critic. I hold myself to a super-high standard."
Miller, who used yoga as part of his offseason workout regimen last year, has tweaked his workouts this time around so he can "just be a beast."
"I think (yoga) worked well for me. I'm trying to get away from the 'Gumby' stuff. I don't want to rely on that," Miller said of exorbitant stretching. "I want to play football. I want to be a traditional linebacker that can do it all. I don't want to just rely on skill. I want to go out there and know what I'm doing. I just want to be the best football player, the best technician that I can possibly be.
"I don't want to rely on my talent. I just want to be the best football player I can be," Miller said. "I want to get my conditioning up so I can play offense too. I just want to get it done."
Where's the love? The Broncos spend so much time in the nickel package
PHOTOS: NFL

View slide show of Broncos OTAs on Monday.
(five defensive backs) on defense, both Del Rio and Chris Harris said it just might be time to adjust the team's pregame introductions.
When the defensive starters are introduced before home games, it is a traditional three-linebacker, four-defensive back look that produces the 11 guys who run out individually in front of the crowd.
"The nickel typically doesn't run out," Del Rio said.
But the Broncos were in the nickel for 64 percent of the time last season, far more than they were in the base defense. Harris figures to move from the outside spot, where he started last season because the Broncos signed Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, into a full-time nickel corner role. He said a little pregame change is in order.
"I think so," Harris said, smiling. "I play just as many snaps, probably more snaps than the linebackers. That's how they do it. I'm not really too worried about that too much, but I think the nickel should be introduced."
Footnotes. Broncos Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman, who is in town to attend an award ceremony Wednesday night for Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, attended practice Tuesday. Hall of Famers Floyd Little, Shannon Sharpe and Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway also are scheduled to attend. ... Harris, who was listed at 190 pounds last season, said he's up to 200 pounds now, "but I feel like I'm more explosive, way faster than I was last year."

Read more: Broncos' Jack Del Rio sees an even better Von Miller on the horizon - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2U2udtnTN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
baja is offline   Reply With Quote