View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #114
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I never said I was a slave to genetics, nor believe that to be the case. I was basically questioning your knowledge of genetics and its relation to disease.

Great generalized statement. I have actually had a few discussions with baja on alternative medicine and treatments and sent him a few things on a lady I go see for some stuff. I am about as open-minded as they come when it comes to health and healing because I have had my battled with a disease idiopathic and nature. I absolutely HATE the modern treatment for it (side effects of what I gotta take), and have tried exploring alternative options to get better.

Diet switching and lifestyle changes have been a big part of that. So please, spare me the Ivory Tower talk of how you are so much more enlightened than myself or others because we may disagree on an issue.
Honestly Req, I know that you see things that others don't. I like to get your attention, I like to see your reaction. I like the way you question me rather than denying me. There are several on this board who do or are beginning to question the information that is laid before them, you are one of them. I don't claim to be any more enlightened than any of you. My discussion in this thread has been pretty firmly based in my beliefs. We all have our own beliefs and that's all they are, they could all be wrong, or maybe just one part of the puzzle. This is why obtaining multiple perspectives and questioning everything, especially if it's hand fed is so important.

If higher enlightenment does exist, would we be worthy for it to just be given to us? Or may we possibly be better served to evolve through experience and choice for higher understating, higher compassion? In order to evolve we must first experience the flaws in our ways so that we can make the choice to move on. There are many flaws in the collective and individual human consciousness that we are experiencing at this time, I imagine that has been the case throughout history.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote