Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #102
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Star Trek - especially a reboot - is a hard sell. It isn't ever going to be The Godfather, so film snobs (I actually love film snobs) will hate it. And loyalist fans will probably hate it for not being the original. That leaves very little wiggle room.

I enjoyed the originals and I enjoyed the first reboot movie. I think it's because I don't expect Schindler's list when I go see a Star Trek movie and I don't feel married to the originals.

FWIW Rotten Tomatoes has it at 86% Fresh with users having at 89%.

That puts it ahead of Iron Man 3, Oblivion, The Great Gatsby, Fast Furious 6 and 42.

Point being, if you're going to the movies, you have a decent shot at enjoying this.
IDK when I was a kid I went into the theater expecting action and adventure and got a couple iconic movies that showed the human condition and made me think a lot about what I would do in a No Win situation or what path is mankind is on re robots (think Terminator type Singularity years before Terminator came out).

I am calming down on the reboots, in another couple of weeks people will have forgotten they even existed. Meanwhile the TV Series and TOS movies will be quoted and found by new generations who might not like the effects in TWOK but love the story more.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote