Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #174
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I don't see anything in there about making money.

YOU'RE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY BECAUSE YOUR GOALS DON'T INCLUDE MAKING MORE MONEY MONEY MONEY
Hehe, why should I make something that isn't even real in the first place a goal? :O But yeah, I know dude. I totally suck because I don't long for the greenbacks. There is a reason for that though.

It was the primary pursuit of my dad in life and it has made him absolutely miserable. He retired after 30 years of federal service, doesn't have a debt to his name and cash for days (like insane amounts, enough to be able to build a garage bigger than most people's houses just to store sports cars), but he is always upset, stressed and worried about something. All the money in the world can't make him happy. Want to know what the pathetic thing is? I made his business cards, brochures and website for his new business endeavor and he was low enough to ask me if I'd give him the family discount. I was pretty baffled by it. People with the most money are always the ****ing cheapest. I really feel bad for the guy. I guess it didn't mean that much to me, it was money coming in that I didn't expect, so whatever.

On a side note. . .

He once asked me when I left my job as a project manager in the legal realm, "How could you just walk away from a job that paid you a lot coming out of school and gave you great benefits?"

I looked at him and said, "I know a man pretty well who had the same thing going for him, but hated every day he walked into work for the 30 years he was there. It was the perfect example of what I didn't want to become."

Staying at that job would have given me a lot of money, but like I said, I don't give a ****. I did what I wanted to do, had a great time in Colorado and unfortunately had to come back home to bury three family members within a year because it was asked of me by my grandparents (the ones who died) to do so because they trusted me with carrying on their legacy.

So yeah, **** Pony Boy for trying to bring that **** up too. Not many people my age who are willing to put their lives on hold to help others. So yeah, Pony -- lick Wayne Newton's 9.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote