Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #171
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I found this part of your quote interesting. I don't much care for the argument with pony boy, just curious as to what your goals in life and things to accomplish are. What is your American Dream?

I'll start since I asked first. For me, it's raising my boys right, strengthening my marriage, getting my house paid off, and strengthening the family business. Pretty simple and boring stuff I admit. But to me, once those things are accomplished, then my wife and I can move onto more exciting, fun goals. In fact accomplishing those 4 simple things are my American Dream. Curious as to what yours are.
And that is a wonderful dream for you to have. There is nothing wrong with wanting to become a better spouse, raising your kids right, getting out of debt and making the central part of your income (I'd guess your family business is that) -- stronger. Those are all big parts of your life and you want to do your best to ensure stability for not only yourself, but your loved ones. It's an admirable thing.

I will preface the following with this:
I do not see my life goals and aims as separate endeavors, but in a broader sense a system of experience.

Here I go. . .

To learn something new every day. Better myself with knowledge and become familiar with something I am completely foreign to. The pursuit of knowledge is something I hold in extremely high regard. I probably read a half of a book a day, and if it isn't a book, it's scholarly journals on topics I have significant interest in, such as politics and evolutionary anthropology. I do not take this opportunity for granted. Most people I know do. They'd rather play WoW all day or veg out in front of their televisions. Not my kind of thing.

To be there for my mom, dad, brothers, sister(s). I won't get too deep into this, but my immediate family is pretty fractured. I am the only person that talks to everyone out of the people I listed. I am in the middle of everything and have been as a child. I removed that being a burden from my life as I grew up and realized that regardless of bad blood between others, I can still have quality relationships with everyone -- and after years of work, I do. Family is sacred to me. It always has been, always will be. It is one of the reasons I love genaeology so much and have been working on a Family History book to be compiled and given to everyone. I believe that knowing your roots and where you came from is important. Obviously my ancestors (at some point in time) did too -- considering we have records and letters dating back several centuries.

I'd also like to get my DNA Haplogroups analyzed. There are a lot of reasons for this. I could anthro-geek out on you, but this is already going to be along post.

I also want to travel the world and spend time abroad immersing myself in different cultures and testing my own limits. This means living somewhere else for a while. See what the world is like outside of the USA. The best things in life aren't things, and I believe that getting as much out of my experience here as *me* is very important.

I write all the time. Music, poetry and books. I have projects for each of them. This July I get to go to Minneapolis to start recording songs I have been working on for twelve years. To finally get that done will be great. I have 40 or 50 page PDF of poetry I have written since I was a teenager that I am going to compile and self-publish. I am going to make them all unique and individual (no book/pamphlet) will be the same and sell them for a couple dollars. I am working on my first fiction novel and also doing an analysis of American Culture to use as a foundation towards graduate school aspirations.

I have aspirations to obtain at the minimum a Master's in one of the two majors I had in college, and if I play my cards right, a PhD. I am a versatile person who can do a lot of things, but I have known from a long time I wanted to either do research or teach. A lot of positions would allow me to do both. I am just very interested and good at those things. I connect with almost everyone, anybody from anywhere, despite age, origins, etc.

I give everyone a chance and thoroughly enjoy spending time with others. I also do a good job of encouraging others and like helping them reach their goals and get past their struggles. That is why I am such a well-liked person (not bragging, just being honest) and have a social circle that spans the entire globe. It is just too bad flying costs so much, otherwise I'd have already visited friends who have moved back to their homes in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Haven't made an Aussie friend yet!

If I had some sort of grand, materialistic goal, I would like to have an eco-friendly, modernized (different than usual architecture) either by a lake, ocean or in the mountains. I am tired of the plains. I want it to be able to be a place where family and friends are always welcome. A place of healing. A place to become educated. A place to jam out.

I just want to make the most out of my life and have a great ride.

That is just the tip of the iceberg. Hope that is suitable.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote