Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #89
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm going to try and push my carbon footprint to 30! This whole app is a joke though and you all know it right? It's just a way to get people to donate money to supposedly offset your footprint. You know like Al Gore did. Don't people realize global warming and carbon footprint is just a new industry trying to make money off you?

How many of you really think co2 will ever drop in your lifetime? It will take technology far beyond electric cars and solar energy. I doubt electric cars will even be that green once people realize the batterys don't last as long as they say they will. That means you need a new battery and they take a lot of co2 to produce.
It's impossible to determine if electric vehicles pollute less than internal combustion engine vehicles without considering where they are to be driven and what source of electricity is used to generate power. An electric car that is charged with energy from hydroelectric power, will produce very little pollution, while one charged with energy from a source, like coal or oil, may produce more pollution than an internal combustion engine car.

I don't worry too much about it, I drive an F-250 diesel and blow my cigar smoke out the window while driving. My wife drives a Cadillac Escalade Platinum that on a good day gets 14 mpg and we always take two vehicles when we go somewhere because she won't let me light a stogie in her car.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote