Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #37
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
And his full contract total is one of the highest ever.

And this is his 33rd game this year, and either way a team leader should not be missing games as often as he does. And the way it is being talked about that groin is going to cost him numerous games very soon.

And you're right. I can't stand him. I think he is an arrogant douchebag who would be a better 3rd baseman than shortstop. That position would actually limit the wear and tear on him and keep him in the lineup day in and day out.
I don't get it. Why the hate for Tulo?

So far, his injuries haven't really come from his play in the field. He's going to be just as aggressive on the base paths, whether he's at 3B, SS, or catcher. At some point, a move to 3rd base will probably make sense. And, Tulo's made comments that make him appear amenable to the move (although he's said he doesn't see any reason to consider it right now - and I agree with him).

As a 3rd baseman, Tulo is still a great player. But, he's definitely "closer to the pack," when comparing him with other good 3rd basemen. At shortstop, he is truly unique - a five-tool guy who is capable of .300/30/100 every season.

And the Rockies finally have a guy that eliminates a big need at 3B, assuming that Arenado doesn't morph into Ian Steward 2.0. Despite their recent slump at the plate, their lineup is loaded, and young. Assuming Cuddyer ends up at 1B, there won't really be any holes in the batting order.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote