View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #1421
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Ya I agree that Getzlaf and Etem were probably the Ducks best two players. And I agree that Fowler is terrible. Man in the last 2 minutes of yesterdays game he kept trying to make long stretch passes and turning it over. And living near Detroit the Wings know how to win but I was really hoping for the Ducks to so some damage this year.
I thought Bonino was better than Etem. Perry was surprisingly bad, he took himself out of the game a lot by not getting open and by going to areas that are very difficult to get the puck to, he is definitely not strong enough to challenge Kronwall and Ericsson consistently right in front of the paint. I think if Perry had tried to skate more to get open he could have produced more.

Fowler hit the sophomore slump, it happens. Many rookies who put up big numbers usually do so because they are getting good matchups and the coach is protecting them, then they put in tougher spots as sophomores and suddenly they slump. I think Fowler will be just fine, Doughty had a massive slump as well, it just came in year 3 for him.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote