View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It's a legit question, but like I said, let there be an investigation, and let it lead where it leads. My greater point is that, just like Benghazi, Boston and on and on, you righties are consistently inventing answers before there are any. It's all a desperate attempt to associate a popular president (and an even more popular presidential candidate) with something unseemly, so you can somehow reverse the electoral direction this country is taking. It's no different than Voter ID laws or swiftboating. You think that somehow if you paint X as a bad guy, early and often, that regardless of what the facts uncover, there will be residual public resentment which will in turn influence the polls.

When all the facts are known and it turns out that neither Clinton nor Obama were at fault for any of these things, do you think the Darrell Issas and Jeff Sessionses and Ted Cruzes and Rand Pauls and John Boehners of the world will apologize? No. Will the talking heads drop it? No. And finally, will any of you conservatives EVER admit there's no there there? No. Two years from now when the 2014 election comes up, every single one of you is going to post as if Obama or Clinton masterminded it all.
I don't think I'd have much of anything to say about Boston, at least as far as high-level administration is concerned. Many things were botched between many different agencies, but stopping shape-shifting threats before they happen is a tough business. And it's run by tons of different people with different perspectives and things get lost in the middle.

Benghazi and this are of a different breed. Incompetence (or in the case of the IRS, likely maliciousness) at the highest levels, covered up by criminal (or near-criminal) lies told both to the American public and to those charged with investigating those accountable.

Together you start to get a sense that this is a purely end-justifies-the-means administration in a very Nixonian sense, which is a real danger in a civil-liberties based society. At the very least you can no longer take a White House denial on any charge to mean much of anything. And that's something they can never earn back.