View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #248
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
And your assumption that I sat idly by while troops died in Iraq. Have you ever visited Camp Bucca, Iraq during the holidays? It's quite pleasant. The wastelands of Iraq from a Blackhawk look breathtaking. Seeing the lines of spinning lights on the miles of convoy vehicles driving through Iraq was an awe inspiring sight. It hit me in the gut and made me realize what an important job I had. It was my job and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
So forgive me for not being like you and sitting on my ass b****ing about Bush and the war and how many children were being murdered. Funny how all that biotching stopped once Obama became President. You thing troops aren't still dying in the middle east? I haven't heard a peep from you about it in over four years. And you want me to believe you really give a **** about dead soldiers? Get the **** outta here you hypocrite.
Good deflection. Heartwarming.

Okay I'll play your game. Lets assume I don't care about the troops. Lets assume everything you want to believe about me in order to pigeonhole me into your fantastic, yet somehow narrow view of the world. Lets assume I'm the worst person in the world...a liberal in-the-flesh hybrid of Dr. No, Joseph Stalin and King Herod.

How does pointing out my perceived, yet untrue, hypocrisy absolve you of your own?

Contrary to your claim, I have been quite vocal about my views on all wars. I have admitted plenty of times on this forum that, despite the majority of my family being in the military, I am for all intents and purposes a pacifist, and have endured the requisite criticisms from your ilk, including being called a p***Y and a coward. It is neither cowardly nor the sign of a weaker person to speak out against war. Being complicit, on the other hand...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote