Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #370
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Well, Tulo is arguably the best SS in the game today. He already has a 1.9 WAR for the season, leading all SS in hitting this season. The only thing down on him is he's had some unfortunate injuries.
I guarantee you he'd be offered a huge contract, absolutely guaranteed. You're a fool if you think otherwise, all but two of his years he's had a WAR of over 6 for the season.
He's also a terrific leader, and a catalyst for the Rockies 2007 season.

As for CarGo, same thing almost. He's a top player at his position that has 5 Tools. Remember, he was a part of the Holliday trade that also brough Huston Street to Denver. To me, it worked out for the Rockies because CarGo developed into an All Star OF.
i'm not saying it is bad to have paid them. i am saying they got paid too soon. CarGo for all his talent continues to have consistency issues. Tulo is up and down on a year to year basis depending on injuries. for almost 200 million he should be in the lineup just about every game. he needs to average 150 games played a year. i understand days off to keep fresh, but his injuries keep him out dozens of games at a time.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote