View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #974
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Boozer was actually the best player for us vs Miami this season. he averaged 19-15 against them this year.
Gibson plays really good defense and is finally healthy so matching up against Bosh or James fit him on offense and D.

there is a big difference between Deng and Butler though.
Thibs rode Jimmy like he usually rides Deng. but Deng fully healthy doesn't allow LeBron to get those 2 and 1's he got off of Jimmy.
Deng is a slasher and cutter on O and that's where he thrives, he can shoot but it's not his specialty. Jimmy has the best pure shooting stroke on the Bulls but he rarely got PT because Thibs doesn't like to play rookies and will only trust them after they've done well in practice and then play well in games.

You act like you're the only one who likes the Bulls.

If the Bulls amnestied Boozer, I would have no problem with it. The guy accumulates stats but a lot of it's fluff. And it's offset by the fact that he offsets it with stupid fouls and an intense desire to be worthless on defense (aside from rebounding, which involves accumulating stats).

Like I said, the differences between Deng and Butler aren't so glaring that it's worth getting into a big thing over. But I stand by what I said, I feel Butler has more lateral quickness. He's also better at finishing at the rim than Deng, even though slashing to the basket is part of Deng's game. Butler is younger and has more athleticism. Deng is older and taller and probably has advantages that are in line with someone who is more experienced and taller.