View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Little off topic, but I was cleaning out the TV cabinet and I found an unmarked DVD that turned out to be the 9-9-2007 game Denver at Buffalo.

Wow, Cutler was a different man back then - stout build, running the option play. Six seasons later the beetus and Chicago's OL has taken a toll on him. I saw a couple CHI games last year, and he didn't look to be the same man. Six season's shouldn't have taken that much of a toll, dude is only 30 years old. Maybe Chicago's new regime has that OL built up enough to prolong his career.

Also, that 2007 Denver roster was the suck. Jebus. Sam Adams, Simeon Rice, Amon Gordon, John Engleberger, Alvin McKinley, Nick Ferguson, Nate Webster, Jamie Winborn, Ian Gold, Jeff Shoate, Todd Sauerbrun, Chad Mustard, draft picks Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder, Marcus Thomas. Nate Jackson robbing a roster spot, big FA and trade guys Henry, Daniel Graham and Javon Walker didn't produce. DC Jim Bates was supposed to be a dynamite guy after being out of the NFL for a year, well, um, yeah. Bates is fired mid-season, Bob Slowik takes over as DC.

They managed a 7-9 season thanks to Brandon Marshall, Scheffler, Stokley, Selvin Young, Dre Bly, Champ Bailey, Jason Elam, Cutler 20 TD and 14 INT's.

Here's the roster and stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/den/2007.htm

320 pts scored, 409 pts allowed. 2008 wasnt much better, 370 pts scored vs. 448 pts allowed, minus-17 turnover differential.

Ah, the bad old days. Carry on . . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote