With Rookie Minicamp coming up next weekend, seems like the right time to start a thread about the official offseason activities. Hopefully we get some actual football to talk about next weekend.
Here is the schedule published by milehighreport (furnished directly from the Broncos organization).
Offseason workouts for the Denver Broncos begin April 15 and run through June 13. All workouts are voluntary for the players unless otherwise noted. Read the news release.
April 15-18, April 22-25
- Phase One Workouts. No helmets, no coaches, strength and conditioning only, and quarterbacks can throw to uncovered receivers.
April 29-May 2, May 6-9, May 13-16, May 23
- Phase Two Workouts. Coaches are back, still no helmets, receivers can be covered as long as it isn't bump-and-run, no team drills.
- Rookie minicamp. Both drafted and undrafted rookies report with three days of practice.
May 20-22, May 29-31, June 3-6
- Phase Three - Organized Team Activities (OTAs). Helmets on, no pads, no contact, but team drills are allowed.
- Mandatory minicamp. Two-a-day, required practices. No contact, no pads.
Training Camp Schedule
- Mandatory - To Be Announced. Usually begins in late July and runs through mid-August.