View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #177
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I wish we knew if Billab**** really was high on Webster as has been reported and intended to take him. Remember the next pick was a DB from Rutgers.. So maybe he was high on their board. I believe in value, but I also believe that if that's your guy and you value him, you take him where you feel comfortable doing so..

Alford in the second, Franklin in the fourth, sounds great in theory, especially after the fact. But we don't know how anyone will produce..
1. Bellicheat is one of the worst Secondary drafters in the entire NFL. He's taken 7 DB's in the top 2 rounds in the past 7 years, and none of them have amounted to anything.

2. I just thought what Dempsey said was disingenious because who knew that Franklin would be available at #120? Nobody. He was projected as a top 50 pick. You pick the BPA at a position of need on your board and live with it.

3. The 2nd and 3rd round picks (Ball and Webster) are pretty pivotal to the rest of the draft. If the Broncos would have used their 4th to trade up (at either #58 or #90), they wouldn't have gotten Quanterus Smith...I ain't down with that. So I'm happy with Kayvon Webster, he's a good dude, he's got all the measurables, and some good skills. I think he'll be better than Omar Bolden (which isn't saying much at this point).

Like Russell Peters would say, "Take it and go!"

Last edited by pricejj; 05-04-2013 at 10:56 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote