View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #170
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If we had to have gone corner? Easy. B.W. Webb
I saw B.W. Webb play at the Senior Bowl, and he didn't impress me at all. He's a late 4th round draft pick. I'd be highly surprised if he ever ever becomes more than a 4th CB in the NFL. I don't think anybody should have any problems at all with the Broncos choosing Kayvon Webster over B.W. Webb. I didn't like the Osweiler pick at the time, but I'm over it now. Lavonte David would have been nice, but at this point there aren't any players at #90 or below in 2013 that I could say, "Man I wish we would have picked this guy".

The only guy that I could seriously make a case for would be Phillip Thomas, but I'm not ready to give up on Rahim yet...so I'm good. That's why I bring this up, because I think the big broohaha about Webster isn't really warranted. #90 is a pretty low pick, pretty tough to find an impact player at that spot (especially a CB).

I heard Chris Dempsey on the radio the other day saying, "If I was the Broncos, I would have chosen Robert Alford in the 2nd and Johnathan Franklin in the 4th, instead of Ball and Webster". I had to laugh. To me, that was a pretty douchey and disengenious thing to say.

Last edited by pricejj; 05-04-2013 at 08:22 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote