View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

30 years ago today I was working for a major telephone company in So Cal . About 12 years prior to that our family was transferred to Denver for about 4 years. That is how my family became Broncos fans.

In the early 80's, I didn't get to watch the Broncos much because they were rarely on TV where we lived. Consequently, I didn't really know much at all about the Broncos because of this, and I just never made sports a priority. Also, I rarely, if ever, followed college ball.

So anyway, one day I walked into the office after reading that some guy named John Elway got traded to the Broncos, and asked a buddy who did follow college sports: "who is this Elway guy and should I be excited?"

I remember clearly him saying "he is the greatest QB prospect since Joe Nameth, only better. I can't stand him because he acts like a spoiled brat. That being said, he will take your team to the SB multiple times."

Well, that was all I needed to know. From that day on, I became beyond a fan of the Broncos. I became a fanatic.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote