Old 05-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Contrary to the 'troofers' nonsense, it looks like a wash.

The investor who bought the 'puts' (betting the stock would go down within a certain period of time) also bought 115,000 shares of American Airlines.

Which indicates he was gambling that American shares would recover from the recent hit they had taken in Sept 01 and that United's stock price would drop. That is a common strategy when buying puts.

Of course, troofers like Gaffney are clueless and decided to ignore the American share purchases as it didn't 'fit' the conspiracy. The later 'puts' of American Airlines were a result of an investment newsletter recommendation that was circulated around the same date. It was their subscribers who were buying.

Both events looked suspicious at first glance, but had simple explanations that were investigated by several agencies and not just the SEC. Naturally, when there is nothing illegal going on, the investors identity are kept 'private.'

Which of course, has troofers jumping up and down screaming 'conspiracy!!'

The markets were a mess prior to 911. The Dow had lost around 8%-10% in Aug/Sept and there was a lot of pessimism about where the markets were heading. A bear market is prime for 'puts' and both United and American had already seen their stock prices dropping.

American Airlines had already lost more than 10% in the month before 911, again a prime time to buy their stock or puts, depending on which way you think the stock is heading.

The only 'conspiracy' is the troofer scam to sell more books.

How does that fit with what the Company (Convar) who was recovering data from WTC Hard Drives - said they found insider trading evidence, to now they can't comment.

(It's in the video I linked to - that you didn't comment on).

To Clarify my position on this topic:

There is/was a cover up - but it had to do with a Saudi or Mossad tie in - and our gov't didn't want to look worse than they did - by dropping the ball - and also due to vested interests/relationships. Seeing the Saudi's fly out during 9/11 is sort of a sticking point with me.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote