View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #160
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I liked the fact they went after 3 CB's in that draft and picked up Brandon Browner in UDFA, and I wanted to like all three of them. Paymah was a press CB coming out, and played very little Zone at WSU. He just did not fit in DEN's scheme very well, and he never learned the techniques to play at the NFL level. He could not learn to play tight without grabbing and clutching downfield. In some ways, he reminds me of Webster physically, but he was a press Man CB coming out, and he had better instincts for man coverage.

I am not sure how I was wrong about Paymah though. Just like Webster, I wanted all those guys to make the CB position better since they had been rolling with 2 UDFA's in Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls before the Champ Trade. I thought Paymah was the most raw guy of the three, and he proved not to be able to translate to the NFL. Damn Brandon Marshall though for taking Darrent too soon
I want you to be wrong on SOMETHING! Actually, my recollection was that you were always higher on Paymah during his post draft evaluation than you were on Foxworth.

Interesting only in that Websters game reminded me vaguely of Paymahs and I hope that Webster’s career arc has a higher trajectory.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote