Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #159
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
This pick reminds me of another 3rd rd CB pick....Karl Paymah.

Good size\speed #s. Considered aggresive at the POA. Questionable instincts. Considered a reach.

I just hope that Med is as wrong with Webster as he was with Paymah.
I liked the fact they went after 3 CB's in that draft and picked up Brandon Browner in UDFA, and I wanted to like all three of them. Paymah was a press CB coming out, and played very little Zone at WSU. He just did not fit in DEN's scheme very well, and he never learned the techniques to play at the NFL level. He could not learn to play tight without grabbing and clutching downfield. In some ways, he reminds me of Webster physically, but he was a press Man CB coming out, and he had better instincts for man coverage.

I am not sure how I was wrong about Paymah though. Just like Webster, I wanted all those guys to make the CB position better since they had been rolling with 2 UDFA's in Kelly Herndon and Lenny Walls before the Champ Trade. I thought Paymah was the most raw guy of the three, and he proved not to be able to translate to the NFL. Damn Brandon Marshall though for taking Darrent too soon
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote