View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #90
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think you're missing the base point. Being the 'king' of talk radio in and of itself proves nothing. Political talk really isn't all that influential. As evidenced by the fact that Republican voters appeared to do exactly the opposite of what the "giant in his field" wanted them to. This is the antithesis of"influence"
I'm missing the point?!?

Just because "his" candidate didn't get the GOP nom does not mean that he doesn't have any influence. One thing it does prove how weak Romney's challengers were. We also don't know how much Limbaugh's disapproval of Romney impacted the election.

Regardless, you continue to overcomplicate this. You can't have millions of loyal listeners, and have the largest audience of any political talker, and not wield some influence. I would imagine the voter turnout of Limbaugh's audience is well into the 90's (why would someone apolitical listen to Limbaugh?). It's also a rather safe assumption that his audience votes "his" way (why would you be a loyal listener of someone you disagree with?). To deny that he speaks for millions of "conservatives", and to further deny that his brand of "conservatism" hasn't made a mark on both the manner and style of discourse and the content of such discourse from the right, is to plant ones' head in the sand.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote